Pop Up Waste.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed a new vanity unit yesteray with a monobloc tap which has a pop up waste operated by a small level at the back of the tap. Had a small leak on the connection where the level mechanism with the ball on which goes into the basin when the tap was left running and the trap filled up. Is there any reason why this happened?, the nut was fully tightened . Did manage to seal it with some PTFE on the threads but surely this should not be required.

Sponsored Links
They're a nuisance, you need to keep the ring tight. Also there should be a concave plastic washer and a rubber washer with that plastic ball.

Don't suppose you have the cupped washer in the right place.

Put the concave plastic washer in the waste, then the arm with the plastic ball attached, through this then screwed the nut up really tight. Did not have a rubber washer with it. What is the correct sequence in case i am missing something?.

Sponsored Links
AFAICT, pop-up wastes always leak, sooner or later :(

I have a job on my to-do list to swap one. Changing to a captive plug waste will be no more work than getting the pop-up out and tinkering with it.

The concave plastic washer goes in the nut side.

Can you post a pic showing the bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back