Monoblock Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a monoblock to a new sink and it is leaking. On investigation the leak is caused because of a poor seal between the tap and the sink. The water supply to the tap is fine.

I removed the monoblock and the problem seems to be because of the size of the sealing o-ring under the tap.. The o-ring is the same size as the hole in the sink and therefore does not provide a watertight seal.

Any ideas on how I can get the tap to seal - the only thing I can think of is to apply some clear sealant around the tap - but that's not going to look to good and probably will not last that long.

thanks
Richard

Sponsored Links
You could go down to your local diy merchants and see if you can get any bigger o rings

I remember I was fitting a new toilet siphon but the donut washer I got where the siphon screws to the cister was slightly too small and it would push through the hole, so i had to sandwich it inbetween 2 bigger flat washers sealing it all together, worked a treat :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back