monopitch corrugated ridge

S

sammoseley

Hi
I am going to replace my garage roof currently leaking asbestos with corrugated bitumen as seen good reviews of this rather than osb/ply/felt which i also considered, the ridge of the roof is one-sided, ie. the top of roof finishes at the top of an existing brick wall, so I was after advice on how to finish this 1 sided ridge, to basically stop water getting in under the corrugated sheets at the ridge, sorry not the easiest to describe, any advice would be much appreciated. not sure whether to sheet over the top of the existing wall then fill the gap somehow, or even sheet to just below the top and flashing to the top of the sheets.
if it was a tiled roof I believe i'd use a monopitch ridge tile/cap but cant see that working for corrugated

any advice much appreciated
cheers
sam

Sponsored Links
Different ways of doing this, you can take the sheets flush with the wall and if you cannot source corrugated monoridges you can get them made.
http://www.corrugatedmetal.com/accessories/ridge-cap/

Either that get some sheet aluminium and make them up yourself.

If possible can you take the wallhead up another 3 courses above the sheets,fit coping stones along the length of the wall and install a lead sheet apron.

I would not project the sheets beyond the wall as they would then be susceptible to wind lift.

thanks alot for the response
dont think I can take the wall higher as its a party wall (mine) to neighbours garden but i could take the roof lower as I'm ripping the whole thing off and starting again
do you mean coping stones then lead apron wrapped across the top of the coping stone and shaped over the corrugated sheets at the top?
cheers
Sam

The lead apron would be built into the brickwork a couple of courses above the roof sheets,then another course of brick then copings.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back