More about conservatory lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
Hairyjon back again! Thanks Comms for your previous. Unfortunately the 2.5 mm T&E shed radial is not long enough to break into without cutting the cable and replacing it to the shed with a longer length to allow fitting of an FCU. As I intend eventually to use this as a lighting radial with a 6A MCB in the CU should i start from scratch and replace the cable from the CU with 1.5 T&E as appropriate for a lighting circuit or is it acceptable to move the 2.5 from its 32A MCB to one of 6A rating if it will reach and then use 1.5 mm from the FCU?
P.S. How does one use smilies? I'm not very good with IT!

Sponsored Links
smilies - click the one you want at the side and it will insert some bbcode in the message text, for that smilie. usually 2 colons with a word in between.

By the way, you can transfer that 2.5mm over to the 6 amp mcb and use it for just the lights. nothing wrong with using overrated cables.

Thanks Crafty! I have just finished removing said 2.5er from its 32A MCB in the CU and taped it up well. What a mess! There are wires looped in and out of everywhere to get to their relevent MCB's! I've never seen 10mm shower cable bent like that!!
Cable isn't long enough to reach the lighting side of the split load unit and it seems that this radial has been wired into a power socket ring for another part of the house. I had not noticed this before because I always turn the main supply switch off in the CU before starting work. I think it would be best to get a Sparky to sort the CU out before I do any more. :) Thanks for the tip about smilies see if it's worked!yeah cool!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back