More Firebird woes......................

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the 4 years I've had this lump of 'schrott' installed, there have been problems. It's cost me more in repairs and spares than the oil has cost. Woke up this morning to discover that the central heating no longer works and, when I turn on the hot tap a tiny trickle of water comes out.

I am only on a state pension and used my last savings to buy 500 litres of oil last week so I haven't anything to spare on paying heating engineer (even if I was able to find one who can come out within a week or so).

I'm hoping there might be something I could do other than cancel the oil order and get the scrap man to come and collect the boiler. Thank goodness I kept my log burner and solid fuel range.

Sponsored Links
Which model is it? some pictures of boiler/install would be useful.
What's it currently doing or more precisely not doing?
In truth there not the best we have replaced several combi's with terminal leaks at 4 or 5 years old.
Firebird back up is nothing more terrible minute they are out of warranty won't even talk to you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back