More search problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. If I search for an "exact phrase", why does it also highlight the individual words when they are not part of the phrase?

2. Why can't I search posts for a pic by its [net]..[/net] address?

Sponsored Links
1) The highlight is highlighting words of interest, the actual results are based on your query.

2) If you want to find where an image has been used in the forum, if you look below the image there is a list entitled 'Trackbacks'. This is the only way to see where an image is used at present. Example.

1) The highlight is highlighting words of interest, the actual results are based on your query.
So if I search for Yellow banana, the only results returned will be those containing that exact string; and the fact that some results contain Yellow submarine or banana skin is purely coincidental?

If you want to find where an image has been used in the forum, if you look below the image there is a list entitled 'Trackbacks'. This is the only way to see where an image is used at present. Example.
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for! Now I can change some pics without messing up the posts.

That's correct. If 'yellow banana' was an exact phrase search, every result should contain that exact phrase. The highlight part of the search program will then highlight cases of the phrase and may also highlight individual words within the exact phrase.

Sponsored Links
Are we any closer to being able to search for the title of a thread?

Are we any closer to being able to search for the title of a thread?

There is already a field 'in topic title' on the search form. This will search the topic titles/subject (Reply post subjects are not searched with this though). You can also do phrase searches within this field e.g. "exact phrase"

Any chance this can be turned off?

Do you mean turn off all highlighting or the highlighting of individual words within a phrase?

Any chance this can be turned off?

Do you mean turn off all highlighting or the highlighting of individual words within a phrase?
I thought I made it clear in my editing of your last reply. I want the highlighting of individual words from a phrase to be turned off when they are not part of the required phrase in a post.

So if you are searching for "yellow banana" only the exact string would be highlighted. "Yellow" and "banana", on their own, would not be highlighted.

I will look into it, but I don't believe so. The highlighting is either off or on. This is inherited from the core software the search is built upon. I will investigate though and let you know.

Sponsored Links
Back