More stupid lockdown questions....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...from Louise Minchin to the Welsh first minister on BBC this morning but he came out with some good old common sense.

"Your first question should not be how can I stretch these rules or what can I do, but it should be what should I do to protect myself and others". "Ask yourself whether what you are doing is necessary and if it’s not, don't do it". He then pointed out the obvious fact that unless people follow the rules, it won’t go away.

This was then followed up by the question "So you don’t know if it’s going to work but you are still going to push ahead with it?"

FFS!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
...from Louise Minchin to the Welsh first minister on BBC this morning but he came out with some good old common sense.

"Your first question should not be how can I stretch these rules or what can I do, but it should be what should I do to protect myself and others". "Ask yourself whether what you are doing is necessary and if it’s not, don't do it". He then pointed out the obvious fact that unless people follow the rules, it won’t go away.

This was then followed up by the question "So you don’t know if it’s going to work but you are still going to push ahead with it?"

FFS!
If 'Common Sense' was common then we would not need any rules. Avoiding and protecting yourself against the virus is a relatively simple thing to do, but so many fail....

If 'Common Sense' was common then we would not need any rules. Avoiding and protecting yourself against the virus is a relatively simple thing to do, but so many fail....
Indeed...Simple really...Covid cases rocketing...If NHS is overwhelmed with Covid...Heart attacks ,Strokes,RTA casualties...no Critical care...Which bit of that can people not grasp and they look for conspiracy and blame instead.

from Louise Minchin to the Welsh first minister on BBC t
Mottie...Do what I do every morning now...Watch Cheers!!...Leave the house with a smile and a laugh instead of shouting at Minchen, Charlie and Naga small titties like I used to.

Mottie...Do what I do every morning now...Watch Cheers!!...Leave the house with a smile and a laugh instead of shouting at Minchen, Charlie and Naga small titties like I used to.
I've never noticed Charlie’s titties before.......

Indeed...Simple really...Covid cases rocketing...If NHS is overwhelmed with Covid...Heart attacks ,Strokes,RTA casualties...no Critical care...Which bit of that can people not grasp and they look for conspiracy and blame instead.
Exactly.
The same people who shout 'scamdemic', bemoan wearing a mask (and don't wear one), do selective reading on the virus that suits their agenda, go to raves, complain about the economy being destroyed are the very ones contributing to that actually happening and prolonging this for everyone as well as put them at risk - not just at risk from the virus as you mention.

If everyone had bunkered down together, did this properly instead of sounding like a spoiled and selfish brat, then imo we'd have been very close to getting out the woods now. I don't just blame the selfish & thick people - I also blame the government for being totally inept.

The same people who shout 'scamdemic', bemoan wearing a mask (and don't wear one), do selective reading on the virus that suits their agenda, go to raves,
So do the people who believe the reverse.

complain about the economy being destroyed are the very ones contributing to that actually happening and prolonging this for everyone as well as put them at risk - not just at risk from the virus as you mention.
If everyone had bunkered down together, did this properly instead of sounding like a spoiled and selfish brat, then imo we'd have been very close to getting out the woods now.
I disagree. To do so is allowed.

I don't just blame the selfish & thick people
What about blaming the virus?

I also blame the government for being totally inept.
Ok.

Exactly.
The same people who shout 'scamdemic', bemoan wearing a mask (and don't wear one), do selective reading on the virus that suits their agenda, go to raves, complain about the economy being destroyed are the very ones contributing to that actually happening and prolonging this for everyone as well as put them at risk - not just at risk from the virus as you mention.

If everyone had bunkered down together, did this properly instead of sounding like a spoiled and selfish brat, then imo we'd have been very close to getting out the woods now. I don't just blame the selfish & thick people - I also blame the government for being totally inept.
Total boll@x!
Some countries have been locked completely like in war times and your virus is still about.
Isn't this evidence that lockdown doesn't work?
Look at mortality rate...
Next to nothing.
All figures regarding infected people are at best inaccurate, like the tests.

Total boll@x!
Some countries have been locked completely like in war times and your virus is still about.
Isn't this evidence that lockdown doesn't work?
Look at mortality rate...
Next to nothing.
All figures regarding infected people are at best inaccurate, like the tests.

What, like NZ? 25 dead.
How about how they've tackled covid cases in Australia? It's working and they've still 'only' had 900 deaths.

UK deaths - 46 thousand and... counting.

Yeah, lockdown doesn't work. Sigh.

Sponsored Links
Back