Stupid questions??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the most stupid question you have ever been asked by a client/customer?

I don't mean questions that seem obvious because of job-specific knowledge or experience. I mean really stupid questions, the sort that make you look at somebody and wonder if they are taking the p**s...

My best has to be a woman coming out with:
"I know that I get my cold water from the water board. Do they supply my hot water too, or is it British Gas? I only ask because I'm paying bills to both and I'm not sure if I should be."

After I explained about cold water coming in, then going through the boiler and getting heated up by gas she didn't seem embarrased, she just said something like "well I never knew that" and took a big gulp of tea.

I'm still not sure to this day if she was seriously that stupid or doing it for a dare. I was half expecting Beadle, or some other hidden-cam comedy chappie to pop up.

Sponsored Links
that will be hard to beat :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
a woman asked me " in which direction does the tube train arrive" I told her where the front was then she asked me " where do i stand on the platform if i want to sit in the middle carrage" :rolleyes:

Had a woman want me to do some work in a small downstairs cloakroom toilet. It had a sliding door and she wanted a normal slide bolt fastening to the door. I had to explain that when you slide the door back the bolt would slide out of whatever hole it was in. :rolleyes: She said, and I quote, "I bet you think I'm really daft now don't you?"

Sponsored Links
Many moons ago I was a service engineer at the Gas board (for my sins ,lol ) an worked on the rough estates Manc ,
I had been called to a leak on premises , class1 ....gas escape in property uncontrolled , shot down there 100mph ...teehee...in them days we could speed an park anywhere .....:)

this old dear had her grandson in an he had been messing about in her kitchen fitting her cooker stand pipe ,

when I got there the kitchen was flooded an this water main coming in lead had been cut ,still pouring out ....
grandson had tried to stop it his hand but his nan had told him come out she had rung us cos she thought he had ruptured the north sea gas main !!

(this was after conversion when town gas was converted to Natural gas an a big media thing about how our new Gas was Natural from the north sea ...)
lol...lol...lol..lol
I turned the mains stop tap off an told him the gas lead main was not in the wood boxing thats water ..lol :) :)
not really a daft question but a good story to reminisce ....

my fav was purging a gas fire (snatching it ) an killing an old dears budgie in her front room /parlour ,an me bricking it ,
an me telling her he was ok cos the new fires come on an hes having a lie down................. he will like sunbathing/sleeping when your fires on......a lot .....OMG lol :) :)

Moz said:
my fav was purging a gas fire (snatching it ) an killing an old dears budgie in her front room /parlour ,an me bricking it ,
an me telling her he was ok cos the new fires come on an hes having a lie down................. he will like sunbathing/sleeping when your fires on......a lot .....OMG lol :) :)
You evil sod. :LOL:

crafty1289
I think every gas fitter has had that prob ..... except I got one for a rabbit in a conservatory ....3 dead ....lol

Back