More worcester problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After thinking it was a frozen condensate pipe that was upsetting the worcester, the problem has returned, The wife turned the C/H on and heard a strange noise then after a couple of minutes a small drip of water appeared for a minute at the back right of the boiler then stopped..... but water trickling can still be heard "inside" the boiler. I took the cover off thinking it was the condensate again but that is clear and unblocked. There is also signs of water around the base of the inside of boiler as per pics.....Any ideas chaps......the other info i have is that the pressure of the sealed system is approaching 2. I should say that it is a pumped H/W and sealed C/H system with a thre way motrised valve, Im afraid i cant remeber which plan it is called......However the system is still working bith C/H and H/W
Img_2199a.jpg

Sponsored Links
It is common to find water and or marks in that area as a result of water backing up into their through a frozen condensate pipe! Often in severe cases there is that much water backed up through the syphon that damage is caused to the gas valve and fan. hence the improved raised gas valve in your case.

The ONLY other way you will find water where you saw it is via a faulty flue seal.

Boiler is working, water now gone..don't worry!

update, Boiler still "gurgling" and sounds like a kettle boiling inside.......then turned itself off, the blue light flashed steadily then the reset button flashed, I reset it and it came back on but still "gurgling" any other ideas :( Thanks for your adivce though its much appreciated

Gurgling on this model is usually due to water in the bottom of the inner combustion chamber.

Its making me wonder if the condensate outlet port is mostly blocked by the dirt that falls off the heat exchanger.

When did you last have it properly serviced?

We dont advise DIYers to open that outer combustion chamber cover as you have done.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thats the limit of my ability taking the cover off, and cleaning the condensate tank, anything else is for the Pro's......so the Boiler chap is gonna try his best to get to us tomorrow....but he cant promise :( Thanks for the advice, its much appreciated

Looking like Plumber cant make it till after christmas so is there any easy way to see if the condensate outlet port.....there must be some crap in there as the condensate tank had some crap in the bottom, If not its gonna be a COLD christmas :eek:

Just keep calling different local independents, quite likely you will find somebody who does emergencies this weekend, I know I do as I find xmas boring as hell.

Earliest one is on Monday, so gonna leave it to the expert. Heres a couple of latest pics, I have notice the condensate tank is now cloudy and the gurgling is still happening when i turn the boiler on, and water leaking around the base as indicated on the pics
102.jpg

101.jpg

Worth ringing some more locals in the morning (not too early!!), and tell them that you had email advice that it is probably a short job, and that you have been to the cashpoint already.

Update.....the plumber came last monday and checked it all over and made sure the condensate was clear and ran it all up for an hour to see how it went, all was ok so he said see how it goes...And if its not right were best getting the worcester chaps to come out.....anyway all is workinf fine apart from the pressure difference between HOT and COLD it rises from just under 1bar cold to 1.5bar hot as best i can tell from the guage......I dont remembner the difference being so large....What do you learned chaps reckon.?....

Half a bar rise is pretty normal. If it's more, see Boiler Pressure Problems in the FAQ/Wiki.

Half a bar rise is pretty normal. If it's more, see Boiler Pressure Problems in the FAQ/Wiki.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back