Morning blindness

Sponsored Links
If the weather is mild, it helps to turn on the aircon to dry the air that is blowing over the screen (in very cold conditions, way below freezing, the outside air holds no water, so as long as you are on fresh air intake, not recycling, no need, and it will push out the humid air inside the vehicle).

Our car put the AC on and Heated Screen automatically, wondered about the AC but that makes sense!.

Screen clearing is helped if you remember to keep gutters clean as air intake can be clogged with leaves .

Well I've been using the water method for years but never hot usually only tepid or warm maybe. I nearly always remember to turn the darn auto wipers off but occasionally forget, oh the joys of getting drenched with a litre of water as they immediately turn on if on the wrong side.

The same method that I've used for decades on the rare occasions that extensive de-frosting is necessary, quick & efficient. The only disadvantage with our 5 series is that the wipers will only operate intermittently when the car is stationary, when you really need them on continuous once the water has been poured, otherwise there's a risk of refreezing in between the wipe actions.

Our last car was a Ford, heated windshield :sneaky: why all cars are not thus equipped I'll never understand, I'd rather see where I'm going that where I've been.

Sponsored Links
I think Ford did have the patent but it must have expired by now as lots of other manufacturers now offer it.

Back