MORSO MITRE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was just looking on 'net' to see how much one of these cutters would cost me nowdays. Over £800 :) .
One of the best tools I ever bought --no wonder they are so expensive .

Anyone else have one ?.

ps- mine is a bench mitre cutter. I have it mounted on a workmate .

Sponsored Links
If your a picture framer or someone who cuts mitres all day every day then i don't think much will beat a tool like that, other than that its a bit OTT really

I used to use a foot operated one ,top kit very very dependably accurate worth spending time to set up ,SCARY BLADES..

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that it's a Morsø, then? To my mind they were always floor standing foot treadle operated. The bench top ones were/are often Orteguils. Either way for framing or doing loads of beading they are very handy, although for most joinery work a fine blade on a compound mitre saw has pretty much seen them off

Are you sure that it's a Morsø, then? To my mind they were always floor standing foot treadle operated. The bench top ones were/are often Orteguils. Either way for framing or doing loads of beading they are very handy, although for most joinery work a fine blade on a compound mitre saw has pretty much seen them off

Yes--I stand to be corrected .It is a Orteguil 55. Always call it a Morso though ffor some reason. I had a foot operated Morso years ago in my workshop-when I manufactured and built Hardwood Conservatories etc .
That went when I sold off the other machines 10 years ago.

The Orteguil-- I used out on site - so I kept it. Ideal for beading and small skirtings and arcs. Good for inside work because NO dust.No power needed also.
Hardly use it these days -- but loath to let it go. Had plenty of offers for it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back