Mortar Plasticiser in mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed - I am repairing a brick wall and need to know what the mix with plasticiser is ( very very small repair - about 20 bricks) maximum would be about a bucket of pre mixed sand and cement - DIY manual states 0.07 litre per 50kg cement
Many thanks John

Sponsored Links
Help needed - I am repairing a brick wall and need to know what the mix with plasticiser is ( very very small repair - about 20 bricks) maximum would be about a bucket of pre mixed sand and cement - DIY manual states 0.07 litre per 50kg cement
Many thanks John

For small quantities, the easiest way to measure is to add it to the gauging water - 25ml plasticiser to 5L of water, then use just as much water as you need.

Assuming it's not a concentrated liquid.

Cheers
Richard

Many thanks Richard never thought of mixing direct to water the instructions on the 5 ltre tank says to mix it to a dry mix - that sound a lot better idea. Now using a black bucket (the normal standard £1 or £1. 50 dependent on wickes or B & Q what is the kilo capacity in Kilos to aquate to the ready mix I have - is the bucket about 10 kilos (full) sorry to be a bit of a dope but I can only do this in very small steps due to health issues
Kind regards John
Ps many thanks for your prompt response again

Many thanks Richard never thought of mixing direct to water the instructions on the 5 ltre tank says to mix it to a dry mix - that sound a lot better idea. Now using a black bucket (the normal standard £1 or £1. 50 dependent on wickes or B & Q what is the kilo capacity in Kilos to aquate to the ready mix I have - is the bucket about 10 kilos (full) sorry to be a bit of a dope but I can only do this in very small steps due to health issues
Kind regards John
Ps many thanks for your prompt response again

No idea about your bucket but one of these is 14L:

http://www.travisperkins.co.uk/4Trade-Builders-Bucket-Yellow-14L/p/819773

Your bucket may vary. Of course there's an easy way to find out ...

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Again thanks Richard,
Yes the black bucket is also 14 litres - as you say there is one way to find out - bucket and spade we do have a primary school on our road - maybe ........ Anyway thanks I will measure it out as you have suggested
Sorry to bother you repeatedly but I think I will manage now
Regards John
Ps your idea of mixing the plasticiser in water and then adding it is a very good tip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back