Mosaic Tlies for Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D

I am really confused, I really want mosaic glass tiles on my floor but all the ones I have viewed either on the internet or shops basically say that they are not suitable for bathroom flooring, yet you see pictures of these tiles on flooring in showrooms. I have vieed other mosaic tiles but very similar, not to be used on flooring.

Can anyone advise me whether to just ignore what the packaging says and just lay them and hope that they last!

Sponsored Links
Please understand I am not a tiler and have very limited knowledge and anything I may say would most likely be corrected by a real one!

At a guess having any sort of movement on a mosaic tiled floor would no doubt end up constantly cracking/breaking up the grout lines.

Whilest showrooms do this to make them look all shiney and flashy I cannot see this being practical, there floors are solid and completly flat. Which in most homes/buildings is not the case.

Personally I would take a few steps up from the mosaic and maybe use 4-5 inch tiles, this may not give you your desired effect but at least you wont have to regrout everytime someone comes over!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back