moss and algae slippage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. hope you can help me!
my aunt has problems slipping,walking up her path, even though it wasnt so long ago i power washed the lot!
is there a treatment or cheap tip to keep the moss or algae off for longer, or even even assist in removing it, bearing in mind the trees nearby are her neighbours, so i cant cut them down. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
go on just wait till its dark :LOL:

think most garden centres do something to kill it
bleach might work i seem to remember but then to be fair the old man was the gardener not me :)

Jeyes Fluid or Armatillox will kill the moss spores and clean your paths too. Less destructive than bleach on your clothes and plants around the path, BUT they do stink!

Swill it on, as per the instructions on the can, and brush over the path and moss. Should kill within a week or so.

Sponsored Links
IanDB said:
Armatillox
I think this has now been listed as a banned substance and you can't buy it anymore. Looks like Jeyes fluid then!

Actually.... no. Armatillox has been removed from the catagory of garden disinfectant, as has Jeyes Fluid! BUT the goods are both on sale, unaltered, but in new packaging.

Go figure! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back