Moss on Velux - big deal or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a few Velux windows that the seal has gone on the pane - so, I'm looking to replace the glass, which is fine, Velux make this very easy.

Currently thou theres a pretty big build up of condensation.

But, due to laziness, it's taken it over a year to think about changing the glass, and looking at the windows now there is a light film of moss, and maybe wood damage under the pane (this is probably unlikely tho)

With that In mind, if I was to get new panes now, and come summer have a go at renovating them by removing them, sanding the varnish down, undercoating and re painting. Would that be enough, or is there something I should be doing no to treating the moss?

Or to put it another way, is the moss a danger in anyway, will it come away with a clean with soapy water or another treatment that Im unaware of?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back