Engineered Hardwood Door - Internal - Top layer bubbled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 14 months ago I had a rebated double door installed on the entrance to my lounge off my hallway by a local (Glasgow) door and window company.

I noticed over the weekend that on both doors (they are "Louis style" with 6 panes of glass in the upper part) that the centre strip which runs horizontally dividing the top glass part from the bottom "solid part" has started to lift. On one door the "lifted part" is about 4 inches long by about 2 inches tall on the other door the affected area is about half that size. The defect has appeared in more or less the same spot (ie right in the middle) on both doors.

Now as I said these are internal doors and they have never been wet and my house is maintained at a fairly typical temp and humidity.

Has anyone else experienced this? The doors were supplied unfinished, so I stained them myself with Colron Deep Mahogany followed by Ronseal Satin Clear varnish. I have 4 other identical doors off the hall (which I sourced separately but were given the same stain/varnish treatment) that have no defects whatsoever.

The guy from the fitting company says the warranty is only one year, am I more or less looking at new doors? SHould I try and challenge the door company?

THanks for reading

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back