Most callous quotes in history

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know why but i have some misplaced admiration for the complete b*stards of this world. id quite like to have my own country and rule it with an iron fist but i just dont think i have it in me. can anyone list some of the cold heartless things people have said?

"We are not going to give up our country because of a mere X. How can a ballpoint pen fight with a gun?"
Robert Mugabe on blatantly losing the election

"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."
Jesus Christ

"I would rather be british than fair"
Ian Paisley responding to accusations of hypocrisy

Sponsored Links
One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic
joseph stalin

'NO! you can't have an Optoma HD65 Projector!'
My wife. December 2008.
:cry:

Sponsored Links
i thought this one was a bit harsh:

The historic destiny of the Irish is being fulfilled on the other side of the Atlantic, where they have settled in their millions, bringing with them all their ancient grudges and the melancholy of the bogs, but also their hard, ancient wisdom. they alone of the newcomers are never fora moment taken in by the multifarious frauds of modernity. They have been changed from peasants and soldiers into townsmen. They have learned some of the superficial habits of 'good citizenship', but at heart they remain the same adroit and joyless race that broke the hearts of all who ever tried to help them.
Waugh, Evelyn Arthur StJohn

joyless race ? we invented Guinness and the river dance (in that order unsurprisingly)

I'll give you a tip "get some work done & do it right & you can keep your job"

My boss, many years ago (not to me). :D

"Life wasn't meant to be easy".

Malcom Fraser when he was Prime Minister of Australia .....

Sponsored Links
Back