Most expensive purchase

breezer said:
to tim west

:idea: must it be a single item?
well i was wondering how much a person would splash out in one go on an item but it could be several items bought at the same time or in one shopping spree, then the question is was it a desicion to cheer oneself up or coming into money and deciding to blow a load of it at once for the buzz?
if i had the money i'd love to try one of those edge of space journeys or fantasy of actually being aboard something like Mir just to see how big the earth really looks.
Back down to earth, the most I have spent is £400 for a video recorder for my wife to be's 21st many years ago.

Sponsored Links
This computer, £1300. Of course, for it's value right now, slice the first 1 off that figure!! :evil:

Does work stuff count? I spent £8,500 on a saw. My brother-in-law just bought a cnc router for £134,000!!

£3500 on a tempur bed. Electronic lift for head and feet and split in the middle so me and the missus can have 'em set at different heights/angles.

To be fair though her side is usually flat - zzzzzzzz.

Don't call 'er Bagpuss for nuthin. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
3k on laser eye surgery. Was worth ever penny (including the one i nearly spent while it was being done!)

£1,300 (each) on my 3 Aibos...

Yes, nearly one and half grand is a lot of money for a robotic dog, but a robotic dog that can read your e-mail to you, play music off your PC, write its own blog, take photos and videos, be completly controlled or left to its own devices?

Worth every last penny.

Back