Most practicle conversion for a small room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small room which is used as a store cupboard full of junk. The room is probably about 1.3m (width) x 2.5m. The width narrows at one end to the width of a standard doorway to the front of house. This is not the front door.
It narrows due to boxing in of the gas and electic meters in the hall way which are set back in the wall.

Now i want to convert this into something but not sure whats best. My thoughts at the moment is to block up the door way and insert a double glazed window, keep the general layout leaving the boxing in for cost reasons as relocating the meters will cost a lot of money. Thus turning the small room into a small office housing my laptap, dvds, filing cabinets etc.
Apart from using my computer im not sure it will get a lot of use.

Is there any alternatives. I also thought about a galley kitchen as our kitchen runs next to it but i think this would require knocking walls down etc and i want to reduce the cost.

Does anyone one have any ideas? Ideally i would like the meters relocated as this would open up quite a bit of space but the cost worries me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Where do you use the computer at the moment, do you need an office space or are you just filling bills and bank statements?

How many beds/bathrooms you got? Adding a second toilet always adds value and this is the perfect size for such.

If your kitchen is small you could knock a simple doorway into the wall and make a walk-in larder cupboard. Then you can do all your shopping once every 3 months at the cash and carry.

Walk-in rabbit hutch?
Nuclear bunker?
Fetish 'dungeon' ?

fetish dungeon does it for me
I have the same problem
well i did i know what to do now!
mine is supposed to be a second "bed" room but you cant even get a bed in it how big are bondage slings?
at the moment i use it as an office looked at getting one of those double bunk bed things over the doorway but that doesn't fit without modification.
so an office it is.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back