Mot extension.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had this through.

1883F304-BD16-4394-9583-B13BF0D6A123.png

Sponsored Links
So if I understand this correctly in essence it means garages won't be able to do MOTs after 30 March only essential repairs?

No, they can still do mot's but I fully expect them not to do any in the first six months as people take advantage of the rule. Apart from the Coronavirus exposure risk, why bother to go through the aggro and expense of getting your MOT done 6 months before you have to?

Sponsored Links
Well, rightly or wrongly, whilst we all know an MOT does not mean road worthiness for a year, many people DO take it as being the single time per year for getting their car looked at with respect to brakes/suspension etc so some will still get their MOT's done (I have one booked for the 30th ironically). I do practically no car maintenance nowadays aside from occasionally looking at the pads/discs/suspension if I happen to get a tyre changed or the occasional oil check, otherwise it just goes from year to year with an oil change at each MOT. I was actually going to get some kind of service this time round but that seems slightly extravagant atm especially as I'm no longer commuting.

Back