Motion Sensor internals - jumper question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was doing a bit of painting.....so had to get the alarm sensors free to paint around them better. I also decided to spray the, now yellow, covers.

To do this I clearly had to take the covers off.

While pulling some off, on one or two, a small black jumper fell out. Now.....at first I thought this must be pretty important....but then I noticed at least one of them did not have a jumper in this particular position at all.

Then....on closer inspection....I noticed that the jumper in question...as far as I can see...is not bridging any connections.

So....I am now assuming the sensors all contained at least one spare jumper, and this was just a location to store it without bridging connections.
fireplace-7741.JPG fireplace-7741-2.JPG
This is once sensor with all the jumpers in their original position. I am looking at the jumper in the top right....the second image is a close-up of this area.

fireplace-7738.JPG fireplace-7738-2.JPG
In this sensor.....the jumper fell out.

So based on the first picture.....can I get some confirmation it was just a spare? I assume to change the function in some way if required (hence it being put in a unused position).

Lastly.....have I caused myself any issues by removing the cover? This obviously tripped a tamper alarm which i disabled with my code.

However, I read on here that this can cause issues without the master code. This may have been referring to removing the sensor completely, rather than just the cover.

I think i do have the master code......but wanted to check if I have had inadvertently caused myself a lot more issues if I don't.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Interesting.

But....if the jumper is just over a single pin, what is it making contact with and/or bridging to affect the sensitivity?

Surely having a jumper over a single pin is the same as not having one on a pin.

Also, is there usually any tamper issues with regard to removing the cover if it turns out I do not have an engineers/master code?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Think about it .....3 pins ....pin 3/2 one setting 2/1 another ....no pin the last ....it’s not rocket science ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back