motor open motor close

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on a honeywell vc4613 two port zone valve in an s plan layout on megaflo mains fed indirect cylinder
does anybody have a wiring layout
programmer is st699

Sponsored Links
The valve supplied with an unvented cylinder is an emergency shut off valve that is wired through the thermal cut-off, and you are putting the occupants at risk of death by playing with it.

or have I got the wrong end of the stick again.

doitall the valve now fitted has malfunctioned firing boiler when programmer not calling for hot water i am aware of implications you refer to

honeywell have wiring diagrams

you can probably download some (do a websearch) or ask them to send you one.

Sponsored Links
Quite possibly...we're talking zone valves here not high-limit stats, although of course the ZV is wired into the HLS, but I think all he really wants is a wiring diagram

Quite possibly...we're talking zone valves here not high-limit stats, although of course the ZV is wired into the HLS, but I think all he really wants is a wiring diagram

Are we talking about a zone valve or the MV which is supplied with the cylinder, two separate items, and if the later the wiring instructions are in the manufacturers instruction manual.

on a honeywell vc4613 two port zone valve in an s plan layout on megaflo mains fed indirect cylinder
programmer is st699

Honeywell S-plan wiring diagram here;
http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm

However, the S-plan and the Megaflo use 2-port, spring-return, normally- closed valves and the ones listed are not VC4613.

If you use anything other than the recommended Megaflo valve, you will invalidate the BBA warranty and possibly introduce a hazard.

You'd be better off downloading the installation guide from the Heatrae Sadia site and sticking to the wiring diagram in that.

The Honeywell pages for the VC 4613 are down; if it is a Mo-Mo valve, you should not use it for that application.

The VC series is not your normal valve and could be 24v or 230v

The wiring will depend on its application.

The VC series 2-position hydronic valves are used in domestic and small commercial applications to control the flow of hot and/or cold water or glycol solution to 50% concentration. They consist of an actuator, valve and a replaceable cartrige assembly. These 2-Way valves are designed for ON-OFF “Zone“ control of domestic systems, or for individual room temperature control.
Depending on the model selected, they can be controlled by either a low or line voltage SPST or SPDT controller, such as a room thermostat, a chronotherm or other suitable two-position controller.

programmer is st699

Larry, are you a holder of an unvented certificate?

This is required if you are to work on a megaflow or its controls and safety devices including any MVs.

Tony

The honeywell link is not working so if you want a copy you will need to pm me an email address.

thanks everybody for your input
spoke to heatray sadia today who say any two part valve is acceptable to them
have now fitted v4043h as they are readily available
everything is now running according to plan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back