motor vehicle tax/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
here a good one. i have two bikes a roadking and a glide,

today I got a letter accusing me of not taxing the glide.

back groud the roadking is sorned with no mot.
the glide was MOTd in april and taxed the same day.
missus remembers more than me :oops:

point is i taxed the glide, online.
roadking sorned and no MOT.
they sent me a disc for the roadking which is sorned and doesnt have an MOT
how can they tax a bike that has no mot?

£90 fine im facing

sorry i should say the disc has sat on the mantle piece for 3 month as the bike hasnt moved, didnt look at the reg

Sponsored Links
so what you are saying is that they sent you a disc for the wrong bike and you never put it on so didn't notice..
are you sure you put the right reg in when taxing it?

WDIK i cant help with the tax problem but i can certainly help you keep one of the bikes moving, how do you fancy lending me one for the summer to go to work on, you can even choose which one, cant say fairer than that (on second thoughts i want the one that is taxed :LOL: )

If you taxed online they send you an e mail with the time and date you paid.
Unfortunately it does not say the reg but has a reference number so you could check to see if it was there fault.

I could not tax my car as the computer said I had no mot, even though I did, but it ran out a day before the new tax date,and the computer picked that up and would not allow it.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest a polite letter outlining the situation (If you made a mistake, some humility can't hurt) When I had forgotten to SORN my mum's car when she was in hospital they let me off. As you had already purchased road tax I should imagine they will give a bit of lenience, especially as it hasn't been on the road.

I was told by the post office that you have to SORN it yearly :confused: I was caught out but got away with it :confused:

50p says you accidentally taxed the wrong one

there isn't much reason they should magically pluck the reg no of your other bike out of the air, is there?

50p says you accidentally taxed the wrong one

there isn't much reason they should magically pluck the reg no of your other bike out of the air, is there?

How do you tax it without a valid MOT though ?

Sponsored Links
Back