You been affected?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought that this resession(sp) wouldn't affect me.(letter c go? )

Car went down, 3 month ago,missus gave me money to sort it,£150.
As i did the repair, i realised the M.O.T. was due, ffs,the doors don't open sometimes, from the outside, streched cable, i believe, 02 focus, so, bent mot, £50,Tax was due at the same time Argggh!!!.

So,Can only use the car at night, as my tax disc cannot be seen, forget the ANPR, or whatever they are called, the don't exist after 6 bells

I'm insured, worst time of my life for being skint

Is it just me? Don't say get a job, unless you live near me and can offer one.

Sponsored Links
If you have no tax, and winging it, then in effect, you are not insured, as you have to comply with all the rules of the road. And you will be picked up by ANPR in the dark.

I have been a professional driver, most of my driving life, and have had accidents, none serious. But if you are running around with no tax, shame on you. As if you crash, your insurance will be invalidated. The person you kill/injure will be covered by the insurance reserve, but you could go to jail.

ive just been hit with massive repair bill, replacement of piston, gasket set, cylynder head skim, valve re-sit, cambelt kit, pressure test, oil, oil filter, coolant, supplied and fitted £670

only in december I had to fork out £300 for bottom end bearing replacement, MOT and 2 new tyres, then end of Jan £130 for 6 month road TAX

so I know how ya feel, and I too is not working at present :(

If you have no tax, and winging it, then in effect, you are not insured, as you have to comply with all the rules of the road. And you will be picked up by ANPR in the dark.

I have been a professional driver, most of my driving life, and have had accidents, none serious. But if you are running around with no tax, shame on you. As if you crash, your insurance will be invalidated. The person you kill/injure will be covered by the insurance reserve, but you could go to jail.

Not true at all.....having no tax on a vehicle is an offence between the revenue and DVLA, not the insurer.

Sponsored Links
You deserve to get caught, pratts like you cost law abiding motorists extra money on their insurances.

I shows that you have no regard for the law either, don't expect an sympathy you deserve all you get. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wotan

All I see from you wotan is double standards which on a forum any keyboard warrior can deliberately rile anyone for whatever reason his or her sad pathetic existence feels like

I don't see myself as a keyboard warrior, on reflection I consider the original post, to be a wind up, who would risk a bent MOT?

I suspect there are some who would, but the system is tied up pretty well these days, a knock on the door would soon follow, garage that issued bent MOT would be in deep trouble.

Wotan

well lets hope the scrote gets caught. ironically i think you are better off not having an MOT than tax or insurance as no MOT won't get your car seized.

Either will invalidate your insurance. Read your policy, it will state that the car must be maintained in a roadworthy and road legal condition.

A bent MOT (bought because it wouldn't pass a real one) would be taken by the insurer as evidence that it isn't roadworthy, and no tax disc definitely means it's not road legal.

You might as well drive completely uninsured, coz in the event of an accident the insurer WILL wash their hands of you.

I hope the thing gets seized and crushed!

true in most cases but no MOT doesn't automatically invalidate your insurance. roadworthy is easy to attain with no MOT, road legal is not.

coppers are unlikely to go that far into it anyway.....no MOT sir?.....£60 and 6 points.....on your way.

i actually missed it was a bent MOT. if it's entered into the database and the car is not obviously defective the police will take it as a real one.

Stretched door handle cable? Get a haynes manual and fix it.

i don't believe even ford would use something like a cable to operate an exterior door. far more likely an electrical gremlin.

Either will invalidate your insurance. Read your policy, it will state that the car must be maintained in a roadworthy and road legal condition.

A bent MOT (bought because it wouldn't pass a real one) would be taken by the insurer as evidence that it isn't roadworthy, and no tax disc definitely means it's not road legal.

You might as well drive completely uninsured, coz in the event of an accident the insurer WILL wash their hands of you.

I hope the thing gets seized and crushed!

That is a myth, neither will invalidate your insurance policy. If your vehicle is not taxed and is parked on private property, if someone comes along and steals that vehicle then the insurance company (assuming it is insured) will have no choice but to pay out.

Am not as quick to judge because said person has not (yet?) had an accident were 3rd party was given a payout from the fund that all motorists pay into

Only then would I cast aspersion, until said person has an accident its a victimless crime, who really thinks that by every motorist being insured on the road that the premium would be reduced, exactly!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back