You been affected?

Am not as quick to judge because said person has not (yet?) had an accident
Only then would I cast aspersion, until said person has an accident its a victimless crime,

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That's like saying....everyone can carry sub-machine guns, gaffa taped to the inside of their coats.
It's a victimless crime, until there happens to be an 'accident'. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You should write those comments in the joke section. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Either will invalidate your insurance. Read your policy, it will state that the car must be maintained in a roadworthy and road legal condition.

A bent MOT (bought because it wouldn't pass a real one) would be taken by the insurer as evidence that it isn't roadworthy, and no tax disc definitely means it's not road legal.

You might as well drive completely uninsured, coz in the event of an accident the insurer WILL wash their hands of you.

I hope the thing gets seized and crushed!

That is a myth, neither will invalidate your insurance policy. If your vehicle is not taxed and is parked on private property, if someone comes along and steals that vehicle then the insurance company (assuming it is insured) will have no choice but to pay out.

They may well pay out for the theft of the vehicle, but if the owner - or anyone else driving it with the owners permission - has an accident and kills someone whilst driving it without tax or MOT, then the insurer would most definitely dismiss any claim.

And faced with a claim of any size at all, the insurer would be all over the paperwork like a rash just looking for any possible get-out.

Libbs, I bet you're glad you've livened the room up with your post !! Quality :)

Funnily enough, my motor is due a MOT ( well, not my motor, the missus' motor), one of the ball joint rubbers is knacked, one of the exhaust hangers is M.I.A., the auxiliary belt is squeaking a bit, so I'll be blowing dust off the workshop tools in a few days.

Either will invalidate your insurance. Read your policy, it will state that the car must be maintained in a roadworthy and road legal condition.

A bent MOT (bought because it wouldn't pass a real one) would be taken by the insurer as evidence that it isn't roadworthy, and no tax disc definitely means it's not road legal.

You might as well drive completely uninsured, coz in the event of an accident the insurer WILL wash their hands of you.

I hope the thing gets seized and crushed!

That is a myth, neither will invalidate your insurance policy. If your vehicle is not taxed and is parked on private property, if someone comes along and steals that vehicle then the insurance company (assuming it is insured) will have no choice but to pay out.

They may well pay out for the theft of the vehicle, but if the owner - or anyone else driving it with the owners permission - has an accident and kills someone whilst driving it without tax or MOT, then the insurer would most definitely dismiss any claim.

And faced with a claim of any size at all, the insurer would be all over the paperwork like a rash just looking for any possible get-out.

They may try and look for some get out clause, thats the nature of insurance companies!

If you drive a car that is insured but has no MOT, the insurer will still pay out for any claim unless the policy states. Majority of policies will pay out but take into consideration the market value of the car without an MOT. If the accident is caused by a fault on the car then the insurance company can reject it on the grounds the car is not road worthy.

If you drive a car with no tax, the insurance company are still obliged to pay out for any claim. You may be charged for driving without tax. Because you are committing an offence of having no tax, its not relevant to the insurance company or the accident itself.

You can drive a car with no tax if its going to a pre booked MOT station, thats why the rule involving no tax is in force. Driving without a license will invalidate any insurance policy.

Sponsored Links
It is quite legal to drive a vehicle with no MOT. From the place it is usually parked, straight to a garage that does MOT tests. Provided that the vehicle has been prebooked for an MOT test and/or is going there for repairs immediately preceding an MOT test at the same garage. All provided that the vehicle has valid insurance whilst on a public highway.

There Ya Go. So as long as your not caught at night time when garages are closed, you might just get away with it.

It is quite legal to drive a vehicle with no MOT. From the place it is usually parked, straight to a garage that does MOT tests. Provided that the vehicle has been prebooked for an MOT test and/or is going there for repairs immediately preceding an MOT test at the same garage. All provided that the vehicle has valid insurance whilst on a public highway.

There Ya Go. So as long as your not caught at night time when garages are closed, you might just get away with it.

be aware that the garage in question needs to be in the same postcode as the owner. if you read the t and c's it actually is supposed to be the closest possible garage but i doubt you find a copper that clued up or c u ntish.

If you have no tax, and winging it, then in effect, you are not insured, as you have to comply with all the rules of the road. And you will be picked up by ANPR in the dark.

I have been a professional driver, most of my driving life, and have had accidents, none serious. But if you are running around with no tax, shame on you. As if you crash, your insurance will be invalidated. The person you kill/injure will be covered by the insurance reserve, but you could go to jail.

Not true at all.....having no tax on a vehicle is an offence between the revenue and DVLA, not the insurer.

The terms of the insurance are to have a taxed vehicle, having a license, and it having an MOT, if one of these are missing then you break the terms of the insurance.

The insurance is also invalidated if you have window tints, different tyres/wheels than specified, or a spoiler added. Libby Lou is running a fine line.

And insurance assessors cruise these sites, for posts like this..so beware.

The terms of the insurance are to have a taxed vehicle, having a license, and it having an MOT, if one of these are missing then you break the terms of the insurance.

The insurance is also invalidated if you have window tints, different tyres/wheels than specified, or a spoiler added. Libby Lou is running a fine line.

wrong, try again.

try and have a think or possibly even research your posts before you type. i know it's a hardship to check before you type but you really are becoming an awfully boring stereotype. if you don't know what you are talking about and just taking a guess then just say so.

If you have no tax, and winging it, then in effect, you are not insured, as you have to comply with all the rules of the road. And you will be picked up by ANPR in the dark.

I have been a professional driver, most of my driving life, and have had accidents, none serious. But if you are running around with no tax, shame on you. As if you crash, your insurance will be invalidated. The person you kill/injure will be covered by the insurance reserve, but you could go to jail.

Not true at all.....having no tax on a vehicle is an offence between the revenue and DVLA, not the insurer.

What I posted earlier about having no tax is very much true, it will not invalidate your insurance.

As for modifications, that all depends on the policy of the insurance company. The majority of policies wont expect you to declare tints under the legal limit, but some will

Lots of policies have what they call image mods and performance mods. My policy is fine with image mods, I can add tints, spoilers etc and wont have to declare them. If I add a performance like exhaust, induction kits etc, then I will have to declare them

wrong, try again.

try and have a think or possibly even research your posts before you type. i know it's a hardship to check before you type but you really are becoming an awfully boring stereotype. if you don't know what you are talking about and just taking a guess then just say so.

I explained the regulations earlier about having no tax or MOT and validation of insurance policies, but I dont think he read it!

Get a job you workshy scrounging parasite libby. Cant your daughter Vicky Pollard do a few extra "tricks" to pay for it?

LMAO ,when i read that, anyway, no tax, i'm still insured.

My eldest vicky pollard work with an insurance/ accident/ comp, small but, by the fook, you don't know half of what goes on, cash being moved, in brown chats.

My life, being a bad one, as been spent to fetch my children up to be better than me, it worked, the grandchildren are the next target.

Your kids come top at uni? i mean top? mine did,

Your just a moaning fooker,. i'm a tealeaf, getover it.

ive just been hit with massive repair bill, replacement of piston, gasket set, cylynder head skim, valve re-sit, cambelt kit, pressure test, oil, oil filter, coolant, supplied and fitted £670

only in december I had to fork out £300 for bottom end bearing replacement, MOT and 2 new tyres, then end of Jan £130 for 6 month road TAX

so I know how ya feel, and I too is not working at present :(

That's a cheap do. :eek:

As I stated before, you can drive a vehicle to an MOT testing station to have an MOT test, as long as the vehicle is taxed and insured. I have yet to come across an insurance policy that would be void just because the MOT has run out.
Someone goes on to say that it's a condition of insurance that the vehicle has to have a valid MOT. (utter b*****ks). The insurance might state that the vehicle has to be roadworthy, but until you have the MOT done, even they can't say that a vehicle is roadworthy.
However after all that, an MOT certificate only states that the vehicle was roadworthy , at the time of the test. This doesn't mean to say that a car would be roadworthy the day after the test, therefore an MOT certificate isn't worth the paper it's printed on to ordinary Joe Public. It is however, worth £40+ to the government every year, for every vehicle that needs one (and hence is probably worth a few hundred quid to the garage doing repairs) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back