Do you enjoy driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wghat about this scenario that I've seen many times. Trucks fill the left lane at 50mph.
I fill the middle lane at 70mph.
Anyone wanting to overtake at 80 can use the right hand lane.
Then some clown comes along at 95mph flashing lights at the guy in the right hand lane because he isn't going fast enough!

It's time to put speed cameras on bridges and set the cameras at 75mph.
If your speedo is that inaccurate that you get booked then get it fixed.

there is nothing wrong with the speedo that reads 77 at 70. it was built that way. what do you propose i do about my one?

i cannot believe you dont understand this yet. at 77 on my speedo i am doing 70. on your speedo, for example, you are doing 70 but in actual fact may be doing as little as 63. in order to be doing 70 you would need to do around 77mph on your speedo. then we would both be travelling the same speed regardless of what the individual speedos say.

why is that difficult to understand?

you need to measure your speedo against GPS to get a fairly accurate measurement of how far out of calibration your speedo actually is. measuring it against a sign that has been set by a council moron is not going to be accurate.

Sponsored Links
But they ARE accurate as they all say the same thing. If your car is so hopelessly inaccurate I suggest you return it to the manufacture for repair.

But they ARE accurate as they all say the same thing. If your car is so hopelessly inaccurate I suggest you return it to the manufacture for repair.

:LOL: my god, megawatt is right, you truly are a buffoon with absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

you have no idea what speed your speedo is indicating but you are suggesting i get mine fixed. yours could easily be as inaccurate as mine but you wouldnt know as you have the im right blinkers on.

they do not all say the same thing. this just shows your ignorance.

im finished with this insane wittering from you.

That's right. Quit while you're behind.

Sponsored Links
no im ahead, im doing 70, you are probably only doing 63.

your comment just backs up the fact you dont have a clue.

Just out of interest.
Speedo.jpg

A type approved speedo can clock the actual speed, or up to 10% greater plus 2.48 mph But should never under read.

It is vaguely possible, that at an indicated 70 mph one's actual speed may be ( 70 - 2.48 ) ÷ 1.1 = 61.4 mph It is also vaguely possible that a vehicle approaching from the rear, may be clocking exactly 70 mph, being it's actual speed... 8.6 mph faster in real terms.
This is around 13 ft/sec faster, 10 secs gains 130 ft, 8 or 9 car lengths, thus overtaking is a possiblity.

I reckon most volume manuf' will go for a 'split the error' reading, thus allowing for manuf' variations, tyre pressures etc, say 5% plus 1 mph.
66 mph true at 70 mph indicated.... 70 mph true at 75 mph indicated.

:rolleyes:

Your Sat Nav is probably in error. I've checked my speedo umpteen times.

I love driving..I,m a good one and I,m a woman too!

What infuriates me are the 25's and under..(Usually male)..Foot down, and think they know it all.

It's all down to experience and aptitude.

really? against GPS? not sat nav...thats completely different.

thats not what you said earlier when i asked how you had tested it.

you actually have not tested it have you? i think you are lying to cover up your lack of understanding of the issue.

you actually have not tested it have you? i think you are lying to cover up your lack of understanding of the issue.

I test it by passing villages and the like that give a speed reading. Many roadworks on highways test it at higher speeds. I think you'll find that most speedos are pretty accurate. We all seem to go through speed cameras at the same speed so they must be pretty accurate eh?

I test it by passing villages and the like that give a speed reading. Many roadworks on highways test it at higher speeds. I think you'll find that most speedos are pretty accurate. We all seem to go through speed cameras at the same speed so they must be pretty accurate eh?

you are talking nonsense again. go away :rolleyes:

:LOL: my god, megawatt is right, you truly are a buffoon with absolutely

im finished with this insane wittering from you.

The brick wall will always win against your head!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back