A money saving car theory to share...

Guess we are just not prepared to tinker with them today.
And of course ABS is a tremendous advance ....
Then all that new stuff will go wrong sooner or later ...
We just like spending money ... Mind you there ain't many other uses for it !!

Looks like the 'me's will be dieseling along in a Reno Scenario replacing Ma's clithero soon ... Just a bl##dy van really, with a funny handbrake and starter button worked by the ghost of Renos' past !! Uni furniture removals I suppose at 56+ to gallon nnP per mile ;)

Sponsored Links
I would say a few decades ago people would also have liked a new car but they had different priorities. A new car was a once in a lifetime event.

Debt was considered as a last resort just to get by for most working class people. They were far to cautious and prudent and would never of behaved like the people of today with plastic etc.

Some people are heading for some real problems with their must have attitudes.

In Adams case I would run it for another 2 or 3 years no problem, it will still only be on 60K ish miles. Many cars do more than that in the first year.

See if you can carry on saving the payments and it will reduce your borrowing when you replace it, or let you go more upmarket if you wish.

Best thing I ever did ... wait and save, broke the cycle of borrowing for cars once and for all !! Leaves one 'quids in' ... If ever that is possible with cars !!

P

Sponsored Links
Back