motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honeywell V4043H (normally closed) motorised valve in my system. I can see how to wire it into my Corgi programmer so that it will close when the heating goes of or to wire it so that it closes when the hot water goes off. However, I only want it to close when the heating and the hot water are off (ie when the pump is not running). Is there any reason why I shouldn't just wire the live and neutral for the valve to the same terminals as the pump in the programmer (and isolate the remaining tails from the valve)?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Do you have only one 2port valve?
Is the system fully pumped?

I have a Honeywell V4043H (normally closed) motorised valve in my system. I can see how to wire it into my Corgi programmer so that it will close when the heating goes off or to wire it so that it closes when the hot water goes off. However, I only want it to close when the heating and the hot water are off (ie when the pump is not running). Is there any reason why I shouldn't just wire the live and neutral for the valve to the same terminals as the pump in the programmer (and isolate the remaining tails from the valve)?
But if the valve is normally closed you wire it to open. It closes automatically when the power is removed.

Does the valve's cable have a white wire in addition to the brown, blue, grey, orange and earth wires?

Sponsored Links
I only have one two port valve. Yes, the system is fully pumped. The system will work from an underground pipe heat distribution. When the CH and HW are both off I want the valve to close to stop thermal / gravity circulation in the system through the underground pipe.

Yes, it closes when the power is removed. My programmer allows me to wire it so that it closes when the CH turns off, or alternatively I can wire it to close when the HW turns off. But that's not what I want. I want it to close only when the CH AND the HW are both turned off.

Yes, the valve does have a white cable as well.

I only have one two port valve. Yes, the system is fully pumped. The system will work from an underground pipe heat distribution. When the CH and HW are both off I want the valve to close to stop thermal / gravity circulation in the system through the underground pipe.

Yes, it closes when the power is removed. My programmer allows me to wire it so that it closes when the CH turns off, or alternatively I can wire it to close when the HW turns off. But that's not what I want. I want it to close only when the CH AND the HW are both turned off.

Are you talking about a ground source heat pump?

As you have only the one valve, connect both CH and HW control lines (e.g room stat and cylinder stat) to the valve's brown wire. The valve will then open for either, or both, thermostats but only close if both stats are off.

Are you talking about a ground source heat pump?

As you have only the one valve, connect both CH and HW control lines (e.g room stat and cylinder stat) to the valve's brown wire. The valve will then open for either, or both, thermostats but only close if both stats are off.

Log boiler with distribution to several properties. The system uses a three port mid point valve to control flow between HW and CH. Creating a link between the control lines for HW and CH by joining them both to the brown wire will mess up the operation of this mid point valve.

Log boiler with distribution to several properties. The system uses a three port mid point valve to control flow between HW and CH. Creating a link between the control lines for HW and CH by joining them both to the brown wire will mess up the operation of this mid point valve.
It does make life easier if we are told the whole story at the beginning, rather than having it drip-fed in instalments. :rolleyes:

A diagram of the system would be very helpful.

It does make life easier if we are told the whole story at the beginning, rather than having it drip-fed in instalments. :rolleyes:

A diagram of the system would be very helpful.

I am clearly just plain stupid and have no idea what I am doing.

There's no point in providing more information than is needed to answer the question as it is only likely to confuse matters. What is in the first post contains everything needed for an answer. But given the way this thread is going, I think it will be easier to just work this out myself by trial an error.

I'm un-subed from this thread now, so please don't bother with any more eye rolling.

TFN

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back