Motorised Valve Wiring ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just ahd a new boiler installed by a freind.. The wiring i have to do myself.. I have an open vented system with a standard boiler. The boiler wiring diagram shows where the external pump is connected to on the boiler electrica input etc. but i have 2 motorised valves and a honeywell 7 day timer. I do not want this timer so am going to get rid. one of the motorised valves is for hot water and as such i dont need it so will leave it unwired. However the motorised valve for the heating is a bit of a mystery,, where do wire this to, do i connect it to the same place as the pump is wired to (3 wires) so when the boiler turns on the pump it also activates the motorised valve, or can i leave the valve ???????

cheers

mark

Sponsored Links
Why isnt your friend doing the wiring? How has the boiler been commissioned?

You need to have a time control to comply with efficiency regs.

why dont you need the HW valve? How are you going to turn the hw on?

Breaking news.

Wednesday 14 October 2009

Large parts of Warwickshire have been without power since Sunday, and emergency engineers are working round the clock to get the last 4000 people back on line by friday.

Sponsored Links
Bengasman, can the power outage take place on the 15th? My birthday on the 14. Would be a tad inconveniant.

Just want to say this was not a **** take, the guy that installed the boiler installed it as a favoure to my freind.. He has hooked up the gas and water etc but told me to wire inthe mains and the pump and all was done. But i noticed on the system the valves etc .. hence my question as im not a gas engineer.. I have this morn contacted an engineer from the local paper who is coming tomorrow to sort it all out and commision it..

so thanks for the replies,

I have just had a new boiler installed by a friend.
Is your friend GasSafe Registered?
Never knew you had to be GSR to work on wiring, always thought that was more the realm of NIC/NAPIT etc.
It wasn't the wiring I was thinking about, but the installation of the boiler, which has to be done by a GasSafe registered engineer (let's not start a discussion on that ;) ) who will then do all the necessary notifications and complete the Benchmark info.

There is also the matter of commissioning the boiler. Has this been done, if so how could the installer do it without wiring up the pump, valves etc.

Finally, what about the warranty? Has the installer completed and sent this off?

The guy that came is not known by me but by a friend. He is gas safe registered as he showed me his card. I phoned him this morn and all he could say was what do you expect for nothing.. nice hey..
I have another engineer coming tomorrow to put it all right for me.

I was told by the guy that i could wire it up myself , just the mains and the pump hence the original question.

What you need is an electrician that know boiler wiring.

But you need both valves and the programmer, plus a room stat and cylinder stat.

I wonder how the proper RGI commissioned a boiler without timer roomstat, interlock.
So a friend of a friend who doesn't even know the op, installed the boiler free and for nothing. But not by the book, and therefore not legally.
Interesting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back