Mould around pvc window frames, under a layer of paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live on my own with my toddler. So I don’t exactly want to have anything to do with mould. Let alone finding free time to **** about with it. Which doesn’t involve a small human touching everything.

So what can I do?

We moved in to this flat and council told us, they had mould here before and it was treated… Had a look around and didn’t see anything.
Then a couple days later, saw mould under a layer of paint on the window frames.
The window frames are pvc/plastic. So it was really dumbfounded as to how there would be mould under paint.
Anyway it was only a tiny amount at the time. Reported it and forgot about it.
I bought a large dehumidifier and have it running all night in the bedroom.
Windows rarely ever have any damp on them. Vent is open. I open curtains and windows during day.

Council been round couple times and got non helpful responses.
“Only if it’s on the walls…!”
Or
“Previous tenant must have done it. We can’t touch it”
Then eventually had some guy come round who did his best to help. But he said it wasn’t going to do anything. Which was to rub something on them which is supposed to drain moisture out of wood etc. he didn’t have anything else…

They keep throwing it off to me and as mentioned earlier, I really do not have the time to safely **** around with mouldy windows.

My assumption is the only solution is to scrape the paint (and mould off), let the mould fly around the air and probably start growing other places. Then spray the scratched up surfaces with mould spray.

Any ideas please??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back