Mould / Damp on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my window frames there is mould growing on the side of it, I keep trying to clean it but it comes back.

The windows are being replaced next week so hopefully problem solved, but this morning I noticed as the window is always wet through it drips off the windowsill and dribbles down the wall, as a consequence there is mould starting to form on the wall.................

What can I use to treat the fungus, can I use something like MR Muscle mould spray or is there anything special for fungus on walls ????

Sponsored Links
it is in our bedroom..............will try opening the window a bit.

dont dry wet washing in the room, it is all downstairs...........

thanks for the reply

Had exactly the same problem until I put some trickle vents in the windows.

Old terrace house with no ventilation, previous owner had double glazing fitted reducing ventilation further.

According to neighbours she has numerous damp companies out over the years to try and solve the problem, sure they must have enjoyed her custom!

Sponsored Links
dont dry wet washing in the room, it is all downstairs...........

If you drape wet washing about the house, it will release bucketfuls of water which will rise (water vapour is lighter than air) until either it escapes, or it finds a cool surface to condense on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back