Mould in my washing machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a Zanussi washer dryer, which is a few years old.

The problem is there is mould in the detergant tray and inside the machine where the tray is located.

Now the obviouse solution is the scrub it out, which I have, but its the mould I cant get to that I want to get rid of. I've been looking for chemicals to put in there but I cant find anything.

Any Ideas.

Thanks

Ian.

Sponsored Links
kitchen cleaner spray with bleach. you will probably be able to take the drawer out to clean behind it, and use a nylon washing-up brush to scrub. The bleach kills mildew, and once it is dead it washes off easier.

also do a HOT wash with no powder (put in your old cotton towels) to wash away the soap deposits

I find it an advantage to throw powder in through the door (or use tablets) since drawers tend to get clogged, especially if you mostly do low temperature washes.

Also please see the other threads referenced at the bottom of this page.

Thanks for the quick reply,

ive tried the cleaner spray before and the scrubbing brush and all of the other methods listed in those previous posts! They work to a point, but I just wondered if there was a way of stopping it building up in the first place?
We only use the recomended amounts of conditioner and detergent, sometimes less.

I will keep looking!

leave the door and the drawer ajar after use to help it dry out

if it is used in a damp or humid room improve the ventilation

If you have an unvented/condensor drier it will always blow a certain amount of steam into the room - some worse than others - driers with a vent hose/duct are much better in that respect.

Sponsored Links
I am an EX HP engineer, its quite common to see the soap dispenser covered in old soap. i used to like the ones you could use a knife to slice it out. but it will always happen becuse of the design, no chemicals needed, just as said a small cleaning brush and a jug of hot water, and do take the drawer out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back