Mould paint bubbling in patches on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why would this be?

At some point before our ownership, our house must've had a leaky roof. When we stripped the wallpaper, there was a big wet patch in the master bedroom on the wall, although it looked like it had been drying. A section of the ceiling (that angled piece) was piddle-wet-through.

We got a roofer out to inspect who said that it must be an old problem as the leak has been patched up. Happy days.

I was advised to treat with some anti-fungal spray, put some stain block on there & paint with anti mould paint. There had been black stuff on the wall where it was wet (only a small patch) & i was advised this would come through any paint/wallpaper unless we treated it.

All stages covered. The anti mould paint (can find you the brand if you wish) then started bubbling recently in small patches...

Also no matter how much painting i do, yellow staining still shows through on the wall & a tad on the ceiling paper...

& then here's one after i ran a scraper up the wall taking off the bubbling which also shows the staining...

~Why is it continuously bubbling & is it important to stop it? Never noticed it before the paint went on to be honest & i'd ran a scraper up it beforehand too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back