Mouldy patch on paint bathroom wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I was hoping i could get some advice. A bathroom i will be working on soon has mould on the top half of the wall where the shower used to be. (about 1 metre square.)

I've removed some of the paint and the walls dont seem to have any mould on the plaster, it only appears on the actual paint. I spoke to the house owner about it and they said the issue with moul started after their gutter become blocked for about 6 months and the rainwater would flow over the top of the gutter and down the walls. The gutter has now been cleared.

They want the wall repianted. Can anyone advise of any paints they would recommend of a wall like this?

Sponsored Links
Firstly make sure the wall has thoroughly dried out, remove any visible mould with neat thick bleach, make sure you wear rubber gloves, wash the wall with a cloth and clean water, allow to dry and paint with an emulsion that contains a mould inhibitor, these are widely available in the diy stores, all the paint manufacturers now produce this type of paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back