Mouldy wall Conformation Rad position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After this cold spell i have what appears to be the classic is a cold area that collects condensation. Producing the black surface mould

One solution i have seen is to place a thermal insulating film under the wall finish to relieve the situation.( does this mean under the plaster/render???)

We did have a Rad under the window right in this area but Wifey wanted it moved If I put It back will the make the Problem worse or better???

This mould is one front wall off the house where the front door steps back.
9" wall front to single brick width.

History of the wall is long if required
thought we had rising damp all treated and re-plastered??? ( concrete type)
Believed it came back in the opposite corner Neighbour's house is 1m higher, all stripped and redone. But came back turned out to be gutter broken under ground on noticed after a real heavy down full.

so front wall has injected DPC, Internal rendered with repellent?? in 1.2m up and full width, then this render wrap round to the joining wall about 1.5m up and long
snowed and we gotten mould only seemed to appear with a snow spell???

Sponsored Links
Radiators under windows go in and out of fashion. Arguments against are that they lose a lot of heat out of the window and radiator on outside wall pumps heat through the wall. Arguments for are that they counteract down draughts from window, allowing similar comfort at lower room temperatures. Also, they stop outside wall and window dropping below dew point in cold weather, thus preventing condensation.

If you move the radiator back under the window, you should use reflective film behind it and consider a radiator shelf over it.

Insulating film goes under wallpaper.

If you recently replaced a lot of plaster on the outside wall, I think you might have been obliged to insulate to modern standards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back