Mount BT dropwire to fascia board

Sponsored Links
Perfect screw eye bolt for gardening, plant training, trellis, vine eyes etc...

What is the drop wire used for ?
Does it extend beyond your property ? ( such as a telephone drop wire to a post that is not on your land ).

Yes, it is the incoming BT line. Trying to avoid them charging me £££ to fit an eye.

The strain on a drop wire is very high in order to keep it taut. Hence the correct bracket is necessary.

If a DIY anchoring fails and the drop wire falls across other people's property it can be expensive. If it falls or sags across a public high way it will be very expensive.

There is also a risk to the person attaching the drop wire it to the bracket that the strain in the drop wire will pull the person backwards off the ladder.

Sponsored Links
I was planning on using a BT bracket 22. But I was not sure that the 3 holes would fit on the rafter end and thought a larger 10mm screw eye might be better/easier.

If I got 1x 8mm screw through pvc fascia and rafter and two through just the fascia would that liekly be sufficient to hold a dropwire?

The wire only crosses my property (the post is on my boundary). We currently have scaffolding up so wouldn't need to do this from a ladder.

So, I measured the rafters today and they are 5''/50mm. The BT 22 bracket has the wide holes centered at c50mm. From up on the scaffolding I can't see the rafter, but was going to assume the centre is aligned with the fascia nail (and drill a test pilot holes).

I was planning to offset the bracket slightly to one side so that I get two screws into the rafter, and the third into the fascia.

Should that be sufficient to hold the wire?

BT_Bracket_22b.jpg

FasciaBoard3.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back