mountifled mowere not picking up grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i've got a mountfield mower, but there seems to be a design fault or am i being a fool. It seems that the rear collection bag is at too steep an angle, therefore instead of the grass being blown into it you get some through that then blocks the exit from the mower as it slides back down the collection bag, therefore stopping more grass coming through and leaving it on the lawn. Am i doing something wrong? The bag is definitely on the right place

Sponsored Links
you should have got a Honda, mountfield are rubbish

Some Mountfield models may have problems, but it's not reasonable to say "Mountfield are rubbish". Take it to a mower repair man who can probably suggest a fix.

Sponsored Links
20 years ago they were ok its the new ones that are rubbish

EddieM";p="1214553 said:
you should have got a Honda, mountfield are rubbish

My Mountfields being going strong for over 20 years without so much as a hitch. The only time it stops picking up is whn the bag is full and hence the chute gets blocked.[/quote

the bag is def not full when the chute blocks up, its blocking up becasue the bag is at too much of an angle]

no its revving fine, its just like the angle of the bag ist oo steep, so the cuttings are blown in, the slide down to block the entry chute

Make sure the blade isn't upside down.

My mountfield was made in 1965, 44 years old, and still going strong-ish.

Modern mountfields are crap, the company was taken over a few years ago by a foreign company (italian, I think), and since then the mowers are not made in the uk and the mountfield quality has been completely lost.

My next mower will be a Honda.

turn it on its side and remove any grass or mud from under it

Make sure the blade isn't upside down.

My mountfield was made in 1965, 44 years old, and still going strong-ish.

Modern mountfields are crap, the company was taken over a few years ago by a foreign company (italian, I think), and since then the mowers are not made in the uk and the mountfield quality has been completely lost.

My next mower will be a Honda.

An upside down blade at fault? are you serious?

[quote="shiznit76";p="1215529]An upside down blade at fault? are you serious?[/quote]

Are you John Mc Enroe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back