Pricing up a job

so do thompson local. friday ad always brings us an amazing amount of work but obviously its not free. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again. Oh and dont touch 118trades with a barge pole.....ill say it again.

Sponsored Links
Hmm theyre in your neck of the woods masona, can you go and sort them out for me??

timmy74 said:
yell.com do a free one liner as ive just put one in ;)
IT ISN'T FREE!

They sell your information to scumbags who then cold call you offering legal advice, accounting services, debt collection, more advertising, and you'll get calls from people who won't even admit that they're trying to sell you something.

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
Hmm theyre in your neck of the woods masona, can you go and sort them out for me??

My mate has problem with them last year and says the owner is Dan Corby
This is what Dan Corby says when Watchdog question him

Dan Corby says he’s stepping up Customer Service staff to deal with problems, and they’ve set up a special email address. Send your complaints to [email protected].

They are even taking on 100 additional jobs this year and expanding the Chelmsford call centre.

I have no idea if they are still getting complaints though.

oh yeah they are, by the bucket load. If i even persuade one person not togo with them, then ive achieved something. Promised us a refund, still waiting for it! Ive written the money off but its the principal now

Thermo - I have a friend who also got stiffed, so I'm feeling similarly vengeful. Since your ass-kicking boots didn't get an outing to Manchester, let me know if you want to team up and head over to Chelmsford.

oh yes, there appears to be a great many who have been stiffed by them. I blame my wife who was preganant at the time and signed us up to it (hormones etc!). We did a big ad with the yellowpages this year. I mentioned it to the rep and he said he had a few customers who had gone to them. I told him to give my number to them if any were in doubt. A couple have rung me. they are just complete rip off merchants :evil:

i may go on a jolly boys outing up there with a few of my friends who supply me with manure. :evil:

FredFlintstone said:
Thanks all for your input.

I quoted £200 fully inclusive and got the job.

Doin' it Monday. Well chuffed. Start the week with a good 'un.

Stuck an ad in a couple of the local rags which went out yesterday. Nowt yet. I wasn't expecting them to produce much and it's only early days anyway but thought it's worth trying so I know one way or another if it's worth it.

Got another ad going out in a local business directory on 1st June. I reckon that'll be more effective. Full page (A5 guide) ad.

Thanks again everyone. And thanks for the well wishes of starting up.

regards

Fred

As your starting up and money is an issue at the moment, as we all know advertising costs an arm and a leg.
The best thing to do is to get some cards or leaflets made up, and when you have finished 'mrs jones' plastering, take 20 mins to go down her street and put some cards or leaflets through her neighbours doors.
If you do with every new job you take on, you are then adding future potential customers :D

there's some god tips there in general about starting up etc, some of which I will use myself.

Congratulations on getting the job, im going to make a seperate post for electricians

Thanks all,

Yes, some good advice. I got my cards printed, double sided, full colour, nice little logo - they look ace. The price was good too although the rest of the stationary range ain't that cheap. It's not over priced but it's not something I want to be ordering too much of. I've opted just for cards for now, I've got a letterhead template stored on my computer in the right font / colour which just prints with the quotation / invoice.

Decided against leaflets. For the cost involved, they're not worth the cost. Plus, the time spent delivering. As Spice pointed out, just deliver in a street after doing a job. I'l be doing that (thanks Spice) but with cards rather than flyers. My cards have all the right info on. Business name, my name, address, numbers and e-mail on the front. Bullet points of work carried out on the rear. Much cheaper than leaflets and more likely to be kep on a notice board in kithen because of size IMHO.

BTW, did that job. All went well although the office was hot as f***. The plaster was going off faster than I could get it on the walls so the job actually took two and a half hours less than I expected! Bargain (for me) although it was hard work fighting to finish it properly. I dropped in the following morning on my way to another job to check all was well (I was concerned that it wouldnt have bonded to the board properly due to the heat). All was indeed well although th plaster was completely dry! Like, ready to paint dry! I've never, ever seen plaster dry that fast!

regards

Fred

Another thing fred, try and deliver your cards, flyers etc when the kids are not on school holidays.
The kids sometimes just pick up the cards with the other junk mail and bin it.
Wheras if the parent pick it up they tend to read the card first, (before throwing it away) ;)

But at least there is a better chance of the card being put somewhere safe if the adult picks it up rather than the teenage kids.

:idea: Advertising on a sandwich board on every job you do :?: Passerby might want a chat with you etc

Advertising cards on the sandwich board as well :idea:

If you got a van, make sure your name and number are on it.
Even if you 'only' have an estate car you can get shields for the two side windows at the back (with suckers for easy removal). 'Free' advertising where ever you park, drive or work.

Sponsored Links
Back