Mounting a recessed shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing my shower valve, but the back of the cavity in the (two course brick) wall is uneven. The old 15mm pipework was holding the old Mira 8 in place.
I'm running hep to the new valve, but now I need to put a board at the back of the cavity to hold the new valve. The cavity is about 1 course deep.
Any tips on making sure the mounting board is plumb when I bed it in there ? I'm thinking quick dry cement and a small spirit level.. but any better tips would be greatly appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Is sympathy any good? Horrid job because the bits aren't designed properly!
Sometimes you can use 2 backplate elbows to fix things (the fitting you use to hold an outside tap to the wall)

I have used a big blob of car body filler - sets in a minute or three

If you get things where you want you can use builders foam all over, and just let it set. Quite good method, that.

ChrisR said:
Is sympathy any good?

Its certainly appreciated :)
It's a bit of a pig... I can't drill into the back of the hole, because that second course of bricks is what separates me from the neighbours bedroom..
Foam is a good tip - once I've got the thing level.
I'm thinking maybe some 2x4, cut down to the required depth, nailed to a longer piece... use the wall as a guide, press the cut bit in to level some quick drying cement.
Anyone got any better tips ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back