Mounting wall valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking to fit a pair of concealed 3/4 inch wall valves. The main body of the valve consists of inlet/outlet attached to the unit (no fixings or clamps). The only way I can see to reinforce the valves through tile and aquapanel is to fed the unit through a wood brace and then clamp the inlet and outlet pipes as near I can to the working body of the valve. Any thoughts on how else I could do this would be much appreciated.

A second issue is that the valves will be serving an overflow bath filler. The filler has a 12mm inlet. Can I simply bring the hot and cold supply into the 12mm inlet?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Sponsored Links
Makes sense to me though.
It's really annoying that they don't give some provision for fixing things like this. Are they going to be buried in a solid wall?
Possibly you could use Munsen rings on studs to hold the pipes and adjust the depth.

7716.gif

Another way is to get everything where you need it then squirt builder's foam all round it. The fireproof one is a bit harder when it's set. It's surprising how well the stuff holds things.

If the supplies are balanced in pressure, then yes you can go straight to the outlet spigot.

Sponsored Links
Chris, TicklyT - thanks both for your replies - much appreciated.

Chris,

The valves are going into a stud wall. The idea was to drill very tight fitting holes for the valves in a noggin/brace and to follow this up with gas clips. However, the Munsen clip idea sounds more promising, so I'll likely be trying this out. I'm sure the builders foam suggestion is equally good, but I'd always be concerned at what could be happening to the set up over time. By the way, the supplied instructions are as unhelpful as the design.

The pipes are balanced, so thank you for your reassurance on that one.

TicklyT,

Yes, I had also thought around this. What really stopped me in my tracks was that I need a male BSP to copper wall plate elbow. I've spend several hours searching the net but haven't been able to find one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back