Mouse goes mad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my mouse pointer suddenly goes of on its own and all sorts of programs start opening. The only thing I can do is restart and it takes about 5 restarts to get back to normal.

I've scanned for viruses, none. Runing XP home, duron 1200 with 256mb mem. The mouse is a A4tech cordless. I've changed the batts and the signal is not being interupted. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software to no avail.

Cheers all.

Itchy

Sponsored Links
what happens if you use a corded mouse? (as in "one with a wire")

Not got one to try, had some free anti virus software, realised it only happened since I got it. Deleated it and upto now it's been ok.

Any ideas incase it comes back are welcome.

Itchy

Yes, buy or borrow a cheap corded mouse to localise the problem.

Is it USB or PS2?
Have you any other wireless kit?

Sponsored Links
itchy, as you said "it only happened since I got it" then basicaly you have answered your own question.

the problem is back. It's not the av software. I've tried a new mouse and the problem is still there so I guess it's software related.

Anyone got any ideas?

try onother mouse driver if that dont work try a new mouse if that dont work re-install software again and check what IRQ adress your mouse is on, there may be a conflict with something else,

Have noticed that if my mobile phone is sitting next to the mouse, the screen goes crazy from time to time when the phone does something.

Thats got nothing to do with the mouse.... Just the signals your mobile is sending/receiving interfering with your monitor.

If you continue to place your mobile near a monitor (or indeed a 100hz tv) it will kill it over time.

You aren't giving it enough cheese. A nice slice of wensleydale usually does the trick. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back