Mouse scroll wheel controls volume

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Up untill last few days my wireles trust mouse has been working fine but now the scroll wheel controls the volume permanently, instead of scrolling up/down a web page it turns the volume up/down.
Can someone please advise me hot to put it back to "normal"

Thanks, John

Sponsored Links
Did you you get an installation CD with your mouse, if so reinstall the software.

If not, double click...start/control panel/mouse, navigate to wheel, what does that say?

Do you also have a Trust wireless Keyboard? Using XP?
There may be a HotKey that, when pressed, sets the scroll wheel to volume control.

If so, Start -> Control Panel -> Other Hardware -> Right click Keyboard.
The window should have a 'Hot Key' tab. See which hot key, if any, is for volume and press the key. Your mouse scroll should revert back to normal use.

row of customisable "Hot Keys" along the top row of the keyboard - these can be mapped to a whole host of functions via the included software.
dave

Hi, I didnt install the cd, it just worked when i initially plugged the dongle in a few months back so i'll install that.
I dont sem to have a "other hardware" folder, its xp im using and my keyboard does have the "hot keys", If all else fails i'll read the instructions :LOL:
Thanks lads, hopefully when i install cd software all will be ok.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you look in Control Panel and use Classic view then just right click Keyboard. If you use Catergory view it is in Printers and Other Hardware.
dave

Back