Movano problem.

Can I ask how the vehicle is behaving now?
Is it starting ok?
Does it idle smoothly - if it starts?
Is there any black smoke?
Has the power all but disappeared?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Can I ask how the vehicle is behaving now?
Is it starting ok?
Does it idle smoothly - if it starts?
Is there any black smoke?
Has the power all but disappeared?
John :)

Hello John

It starts and runs OK. Going down a duel carriage way it will do 50mph no problem. Just no real power it's a bit gutless

Thanks for the response......the symptoms I mentioned above are typical of AMM failure, which now I would doubt in your case.
I think there could be turbo issues here, perhaps with the actuator. I guess the fuel and air filters have been replaced at some point?
John

Sponsored Links
If one of the turbo hoses are split it will be gutless. You will hear a whooshing/hissing/whistling sound as compressed air rushes out of the split instead of being forced into the engine. It’s quite distinctive. Get someone else to rev it while you listen under the bonnet.

Last edited:
Need to read fault codes. But I had a problem similar. Running on cruse control variable veins on turbo stayed stuck open as when on cruse control and more speed is needed ie up a incline you are given full throttle by cruse control module and this fully loads turbo causing veins to open fully and with the heat from turbo and ambient causes them to stay stuck open(carbon on veins)

Moving veins to free off and a turbo cleaner used in fuel, fault has not returned for a couple of years now .
Fault code should read low boast pressure if its this problem

If one of the turbo hoses are split it will be gutless. You will hear a whooshing/hissing/whistling sound as compressed air rushes out of the split instead of being forced into the engine. It’s quite distinctive. Get someone else to rev it while you listen under the bonnet.

Just squeezing one of those large flexible hoses, you should feel the pressure inside increase as it is revved.

Took it to a garage yesterday they did that and didn't work.

I have it booked in for Wednesday
What didn't work?
Surely the technician could read the scanner???
If they cleared the dtc faults and they came back immediately (before starting engine) it's in the wiring or ecu... or not cleared properly. If the fault code returned when engine was running they could then go on to diagnose the issue. I'm not saying this could be a 5 min fix but a scanner needs to be used and understood correctly (without ripping off the customer)

Need to read fault codes. But I had a problem similar. Running on cruse control variable veins on turbo stayed stuck open as when on cruse control and more speed is needed ie up a incline you are given full throttle by cruse control module and this fully loads turbo causing veins to open fully and with the heat from turbo and ambient causes them to stay stuck open(carbon on veins)

Moving veins to free off and a turbo cleaner used in fuel, fault has not returned for a couple of years now .
Fault code should read low boast pressure if its this problem
I've had this on a customers turbo... I cleaned the vanes with Mr muscle... Worked a treat

20220720_155049.jpg

Does this tell us anything

What didn't work?
Surely the technician could read the scanner???
If they cleared the dtc faults and they came back immediately (before starting engine) it's in the wiring or ecu... or not cleared properly. If the fault code returned when engine was running they could then go on to diagnose the issue. I'm not saying this could be a 5 min fix but a scanner needs to be used and understood correctly (without ripping off the customer)

This was done as a favour. Thus garage could not fit me in. The readings I got are above. He was hoping it would reset faults , but it didn't work.

Sponsored Links
Back