Move my room stat or go down the wireless route??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My predicament....

at moment stat is in hall, programmable, CH left on at programmer by boiler and controlled at stat, HW just at programmer. Have extended house and now want stat in this bigger room to give better control of temp in it. Also, as hall quite small and faces south it can be fairly warm in there, so CH might not come on although other rooms may be bit nippy!!

Basically, is it better for me to go down the wireless route as i've heard about signal issues etc or should i wire it direct. I think this is possible with not much fuss, assuming i could disconnect existing wire from back of programmer to stat,and insert new one in conduit in utility and drill through wall to back of new stat in extension.

What do people feel would be best, it is about 8 metres from existing stat to where i'd like the new one and RF signal would need to pass through 2 internal partition walls (kitchen and dining room).

Any advice would be warmly appreciated,

Sponsored Links
should have had extension under seperate control ie its own zone.
otherwise just compromise.
probaly some regulation has not been adhered to.

Thanks for your input, some regulation not been adhered to??

I doubt it, central heating system extended as regs and as per boiler requirements. Problem with stat was there before extension, it is just worse now as the room is bigger.

Can you enlighten me as to what compromise means.

Thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back