Move radiator feed from floor to the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having new rads fitted soon and the original feed is up from the floor ( chipboard ) and I am wanting the feed moving to feed out of the wall but how do you get the pipe fed behind the skirting board or do you have to cut the skirting board off the wall and replace when the rads is fitted or is there an other way please.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A photo may help, but it depends on how much room you have, for example joists could be in the way.

most are like this , do I have to take the skirting off and replace

Attachments

• IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 90
The pipe looks like hep20 grey, so might be easier than you think. You need to establish what’s beneath the floorboard to be able to do this.

Sponsored Links
Is it plasterboard? If so then Multitool, cut a straight channel in the skirting and up the board to required height, run the pipe up attach an elbow and a piece of pipe, replace cut section with gripfill and then fill in cuts, paint, job's a guddun.

If plaster wall then cut then multitool for the skirting then raggle wall, run pipe, elbow and pipe out, re-plaster, replace skirting and fill and paint, job's another guddun

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back