Move Soil Vent Pipe from inside to outside?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are just about to replace our kitchen that has the SVP currently running through it so it needs very unsightly boxing around it.

Would it be good practice to change it to outside at this point? I'm just thinking that once the kitchen is done and it's all boxed in, if there are any problems then we will have to remove a lot of the kitchen to fix it.

I understand that neither planning permission nor building regs are needed.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I understand that neither planning permission nor building regs are needed.
I can't see any Planning implications, but you should definitely check with Building Control Dept of your local council.

I would say an external pipe will be very unsightly and would cost about £400 professionally!

They dont need maintenance access.

Tony

I would say an external pipe will be very unsightly and would cost about £400 professionally!

They dont need maintenance access.
Take your point on board. On the inside, we have to see it every day. On the outside, we only have to see it for one maybe two days in the British Summer when sitting outside. :(

We do know someone who's internal svp leaked and caused a load of damage not to mention the stink!

Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links
To resite the SVP to out side the premises you will have to dig up and alter the incoming drainage pipe, this itself will cost you more than the £400 that Tony as mentioned. plus the fact your bathroom will also disharge into this and the vent will exit via the roof which will also need patching so all in all an expensive job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back