'Moving' a doorway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a very small kitchen, made all rhe snaller by having a doorway to the outside yard within the kitchen. I intend to replace the kitchen units but before I do I would like to make some reformations to the layout.
There is a standard window in the back room which I would like made into a doorway and the doorway in the kitchen partially bricked up and made into a window. This would give me almost a metre of extra worktop and under cupboard space - an enormous amount in such a small kitchen.
How should I go about selecting a builder and what would be a reasonable cost for this work?
The house is inSutton, South London.

Sponsored Links
How should I go about selecting a builder
Word of mouth from friends who have had good work done before

and what would be a reasonable cost for this work?
What's your budget? What's it worth to you? I'd be disappointed for it to take longer than two or three days, and I'd ballpark about £3k, materials and labour (but I've a visitor's perception on the cost of stuff in London)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back