Moving a fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi one and all.

Any advice will be very gratefully received.
I am due to move a fridge freezer in about 3 hours time a distance of about 8 miles in the back of my car. The appliance will be almost horizontal for about 20 minutes. Will this damage it?

If this is stupid question I am sorry.

Regards.
mrtomato. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Wont damage it. When you get there, dont turn it on straight away, you need to leave it to settle for a few hours first.

Thank you so much for the advice. It is what I thought, but a few people have said to keep it vertical at all times. I used to transport an old camping fridge when I was a student, but simply left it 24 hours before plugging in.

Cheers,
mrtomato. :D

If you must lie it on it's side then make sure the dryer is uppermost.
Leave it for 24 hours to settle once it's in place before switching on.

Sponsored Links
All advice much appreciated!

The appliance is now in - getting it through our french windows was an adventure, especially in the Cardiff rain!

I'll leave it now until Tuesday just to be safe.

One more question. I notice that there is actually a hole in the back of the fridge, very small, but having looked at the back it appears to be deliberate. Is this usual? I am assuming that it has something to do with temperature functions?

Cheers,
mrtomato. :confused:

i would assume its the drain hole for the tube that goes from the drip channel below the cooling element inside to the container above or on the compressor to evaporate the water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back