moving a fuchsia at this time of year

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Folks,
Just discussing the possibility of moving a fuchsia in the garden with the better half. As far as I was aware they're non-too keen on being cut back at this time of year so was wondering how they'd take to being moved at this time of year (up in Newcastle where it's getting a bit chillier now). Or should I leave it till spring or further towards winter when it goes dormant....

The RHS site is pretty damn usless in terms of info (or maybe it's my pants way of navigating round it), and a google search just brings up hundreds of sites based in california so that's into chocolate fire-guard territory so any help appreciated

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i've just moved a couple of fuschia's in my garden and they are doing ok
just don't put them in an exposed part of the garden where strong winds will do damage. i'm in sunderland by the way numpty ;)

shouldnt be a problem. The soil is warm and wet so it should move ok. Give it plenty of water first and have the hole prepared with some decent compost in it before you move it. Plenty of water once its moved.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back