moving a gas cooker - pipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to diy fit a kitchen this weekend but want to have the gas cooker moved. I will of course get a gas safe plumber to do it but I am hoping to fit the kitchen before the plumber fits the pipe as they are all busy at the moment. Time scales are a bit tight becuase we are expecting a baby soon and need to get the kitchen done. I dont know if I can get a quote in this week, as everyone is busy :( . If there is anyone local I live in Winsley near Bradford on Avon.

I hope to be able to route the pipe around the part of the kitchen that does not have cabinets. Here is a photo of where the cooker currently sits and where i want it to move to.
8402429212_54ce79e0df_b.jpg

The pipe comes into the room just by the interior door as in this photo then runs over the top of the exterior door.
8402430234_f525551982_b.jpg

Then it goes down the wall to the boiler and old cooker
8402427040_364f1583e5_b.jpg

What I want doing is the old cooker being capped off. The new route for the pipe will tee off where it enters the rooms and run around the room as in this photo. I might have to put the pipe under the skirting to protect it from entering the door. This would mean that it would not interfer with any of the cabinets.
8402428602_a4419cf99a_b.jpg

Would the be acceptable from a gas safe perspective.

Many thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
That will be ok.
The RGI could even run the pipe to the boiler that way and come up to the boiler from below.The old ugly overhead pipe could then be ripped out.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I agree that there is some ugly pipe work going on in there. I am not sure that I have the budget to do the work though.

Any idea how much the cooker installation might be.

Sponsored Links
Just to an update for anyone reading this is the future. A plumber has just be around and we have worked out a way to run the pipe under the step but will have to box in the pipe. In all very pleased that I can fit the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back